Places to Visit/Things to Do
The West Edmonton Mall is not only a shopping mall, but it’s also one of the most popular attractions within the city. It is North America’s largest mall, so it has plenty to do inside. Inside, you can find countless stores and eateries. But more than the shopping stores, the entertainment at this mall is out of this world. They feature an indoor waterpark, known as the World Waterpark.It features plenty of slides, pools, and more. Another major attraction within the West Edmonton Mall is Galaxyland. Galaxyland is a space-themed amusement park that has several rides and more. There are plenty of other things to do within the large mall, so you might want to get here early to avoid most of the crowds. The mall is open either from 10 am to 9 pm or 11 am to 6 pm, depending on the day you visit. There is no price for exploring the facility, but attractions within do charge and operate on their own hours.
A popular park in Edmonton is the Elk Island National Park. Elk Island is a wooded park that serves as a refuge for elk, bison, birds, and more animals. Throughout the park, there are trails going through it so you can watch the animals in their own habitat. On these trails, it’s possible for you to see North America’s largest and smallest animals, the wood bison and the pygmy shrew respectively. The island park was established in 1913 and has been welcoming visitors since. Elk Island is open 365 days of the year (and 366 on leap years) for 24 hours a day.
Almost every city has some history behind it. Fort Edmonton Park is the heritage park of the city. It features architecture of the late 19th century and early 20th century. It showcases what life back in the day looked like. On the park, there is also a fort, Fort Edmonton. What’s more interesting about this park is that they host several events and shows regularly throughout the year. Fort Edmonton Park is only open during certain months of the year – in 2017, it was from May to January of 2018. Admission for adults costs about $20 and about $16 for kids aged 3 to 18 and seniors over the age of 65. Prices are subject to change depending on the day and season. The park’s operating hours are usually from 10 am to 5 pm, but this is also subject to change.
Do you enjoy interacting with animals? If you do, then visit the Edmonton Valley Zoo. The Edmonton Valley Zoo features more than 350 animal exhibits, as well as several rides and more. Unlike many other zoos, Edmonton Valley Zoo stays openevery day of the year except Christmas. So chances are that the zoo will be open for you when you visit. The zoo is open from 10 am to 4 pm on the weekdays and from 9 am to 5 pm on the weekends. Holiday hours are from 9 am to 5 pm. According to their website, adult admission costs $14, $11.75 for teenagers under 18 and seniors over the age of 65, and $8.75 for kids under 13.
Who doesn’t like to admire beautiful pieces of art? Gaze in awe at more than 6,000 works of art at the Art Gallery of Alberta. Established in 1924 as the Edmonton Museum of Arts, the Art Gallery of Alberta is one of the most popular in the province. Their works of art include various styles art, such as paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs, and more. They are created by both Canadian and international artists. The gallery is open from 11 am to 8 ppm on Tuesday and Wednesday, from 11 am to 5 pm on Thursday and Friday, and from 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday. They are closed on Mondays. According to their website, adult admission costs $12.50, $8.50 for seniors over 65, and free for those under 18.
Best Way to Tour Edmonton, AB
- The best way to tour the city of Edmonton (as well as many other cities) is by chartered buses and vans. Explore at your own pace within the safety of your private vehicle. Don’t worry about ordering an Uber or Lyft when you have your own exploration vehicle. Through Busneeds.com, you can order the buses you need. Busneeds.com is an amazing, affordable chartered vehicle company that caters to your every needs. Whether you need a bus for school trips, marriages, parties, campaigns, or whatever else, Busneeds.com can help you. Busneeds.com offers buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, and more. Most activities and destinations listed above and below are accessible by chartered buses. Visit our website www.busneeds.com) to book your rental bus today!
Best Places to Eat/Shop
- West Edmonton Mall – The West Edmonton Mall is the largest mall on the North American continent. Aside from featuring great attractions (read above), it features over 800 great stores and services along with over 100 restaurants.
- Southgate Centre – The Southgate Centre is a popular shopping centre in Edmonton. It features over 160 stores and services, 4 of them being anchor tenants. Opened in 1970, it has been providing great shopping since.
- Kingsway Mall – The Kingsway Mall is a popular shopping mall opened in 1976 in Edmonton. It features tons of great stores and useful services, including 6 anchor tenants. If you’re hungry, Kingsway has some great food options.
- SABOR Restaurant –SABOR Restaurant is a popular sit-down restaurant in Edmonton. The restaurant is inspired from Mediterranean and European cultures, mainly consisting of seafood. They also have non-seafood options as well. It is rated the #1 fine dining restaurant in Edmonton by tripadvisor in 2018.
- Hathaway’s Diner –Hathaway’s Diner is a popular dining spot in Edmonton to eat some great local food. The café serves food native to the country’s culture as well as some American twists. Hathaway’s is rated amongst the top local cuisine restaurants in Edmonton by tripadvisor in 2018.