Places to Visit/Things to Do
The whole purpose of visiting Niagara Falls, Ontario, is to visit the actual Niagara Falls. The Niagara Falls is one of the most popular waterfalls in North America, separating New York and Canada. One of the best ways to see the walls relatively up close is through Maid of the Mist. Maid of the Mist is a boat tour within the waters. The boats shuttle towards the base of the waterfalls, beginning the service in the 1840s. The boat passes right under the falls, so expect to get wet. The tour lasts about 20 minutes and the tickets cost $18.25 for adults, $10.65 for kids aged 6 to 12, and free for those younger. Trips usually begin at 9 am, but hours change by season.
One of the most interesting ways to explore Canada’s famous waterfall is to participate in Journey Behind the Falls. On this tour, you get the opportunity to stand directly behind the falls. It starts by taking an elevator to an observation deck. After you admire the beautiful views, you can head down to the caverns and tunnels to explore. Since this attraction is quite popular, expect the underground passageways to be crowded. While other Niagara Falls attractions offer an interesting experience of the falls, the Journey Behind the Falls offers a unique perspective. Tickets to the attraction costs about $10.50 for the adults and about $7 for kids aged 6 to 12. Just like many other attraction in Niagara Falls, hours vary by season, but this attraction generally opens at 9 am.
Another way to view the falls is the White Water Walk, a quarter-mile boardwalk that looks out over the falls. First, you have to take the attraction’s elevators down 230 feet to the base of the gorge. From there, you can feel the force of the cascade from the boardwalk. To add more depth to the attraction, there are plaques with interesting information placed along the boardwalk. Many of them speak about those brave enough to have attempted to cross the Niagara River. White Water Walk is open to visitors from 9 am to 5 pm on Monday to Friday and from 9 am to 6 pm on the weekends. Tickets for adults cost about $10.50 and about $6.50 for the young ones aged 6 to 12.
Niagara is just filled with interesting ways to view the Niagara Falls. The Niagara SkyWheel is Canada’s largest observation wheel. The SkyWheel is located in Clifton Hill, one of the tourist districts of the Ontario province. The SkyWheel’s gondolas sit at 175 feet above the fall, with a clear view of the Canadian and American side of the falls, the Niagara River, and some other landmarks. For about 8 to 10 minutes, you can enjoy the view, as each ride lasts that long. Many recent visitors noted that the experience at night is even more unique. Tickets for adults cost about $9.50 and about $5.50 for the young ones under 13. The attraction is open all year, but hours vary by season.
While the Niagara SkyWheel is largest observation wheel, the Skylon Tower is one of the highest points in Niagara Falls to watch the falls. The tower rises 775 feet, making it one of the tallest spots in Niagara Falls. The tower has both an indoor and an outdoor observation deck, so you can get one of the best view of the cascades and of the city. If you don’t mind spending a bit more money, you can enjoy a meal at the revolving restaurant at the top of the tower. The Skylon Tower’s observation decks are open all year, but hours depend on the season. In the summer time, the tower is open from 8 am to 12 am. In winter, they are open from 9 am to 10 pm. Tickets purchased at the attraction itself costs about $12 for adults and about $7.50 for kids aged 6 to 12. If you purchase tickets online, the price is slightly lower.
Best Way to Tour Niagara Falls, ON
- The best way to tour the city of Niagara Falls (as well as many other cities) is by chartered buses and vans. Explore at your own pace within the safety of your private vehicle. Don’t worry about ordering an Uber or Lyft when you have your own exploration vehicle. Through Busneeds.com, you can order the buses you need. Busneeds.com is an amazing, affordable chartered vehicle company that caters to your every need. Whether you need a bus for school trips, marriages, parties, campaigns, or whatever else, busneeds.com can help you. Busneeds.com offers buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, and more. Most activities and destinations listed above and below are accessible by chartered buses. Visit busneeds.com to book your rental bus today!
Best Places to Eat/Shop
- Outlet Collection at Niagara – If you’re looking for a great place to shop, visit the Outlet Collection at Niagara. It features over 100 stores and services, as well as a decent selection of dining options.
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls – If you’re looking for more of an upscale mall, you’re looking for the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls. It features some of your favorite stores/brands, as well as a quick bite to eat.
- Hershey’s Chocolate World Niagara Falls – While this isn’t a mall or major shopping district, it is a very popular place for tourists. Each year, thousands of visitors come to eat the Hershey Chocolate made here.
- Prime Steakhouse Niagara Falls – One of the fanciest places to eat in Niagara Falls is Prime Steakhouse. The upscale restaurant is rated the #1 fine dining restaurant in Niagara Falls by tripadvisor for 2018.
- Weinkeller – If you prefer a more local choice, visit the Weinkeller. If you couldn’t tell by its name, it is a wine bar. They offer drinks but also popular local dishes. They are rated the #1 local cuisine restaurant by tripadvisor for 2018.
Have fun in Niagara Falls!